New York State of Mind, 6 Years Later
I visited NYC for the first time in a few years. I blogged about NYC 6 years ago.
- NYC still has the best pizza in the world. I ate two slices every day. Not kidding.
- NYC has the best bagels in the world, too. I was a mule and brought a dozen back for my family.
- Some of the best health companies in the world will come from NYC. If history is a guide, Flatiron Health will have 10x the impact of DoubleClick, Tumblr, Warby Parker, Buzzfeed and its other predecessors who paved the way for a generation of founders.
- The founder and startup ecosystem in crypto/blockchain/Bitcoin/Ethereum has a very different energy too. Very technical but somehow more self-aware than others. Maybe I’m projecting.
- But communities are a function of environment, and it’s hard not to be self-aware when there are world-class people in different industries and communities around you every day (e.g., fashion...
Continue reading →